Love Note #14-Maternity LeaveFeb 04, 2022
On Maternity Leave
As I await baby's arrival, I wanted to share some of the books I've loved as I prepare for birth & postpartum:
- “The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach us about Living Fully”- Frank Ostaseki (I know it might seem morbid to read a book about death when preparing for birth, but birth also involves a transformation/ rebirth for the mother & I found so many soothing parallels in this book)
- Loving What Is” -Byron Katie
- “A Ceremony Called Life” -Teya Sky
- “Childbirth Wisdom” -Judith Goldsmith
- “Go Diaper Free” -Andrea Olson
- “The Fourth Trimester” -Kimberly Ann Johnson
- “Real Food for Mother & Baby” -Nina Planck
- “The First Forty Days” -Heng Ou
- “Build Your Nest” -Kestrel Gates
- “Glowing & Growing Workbook” -Katie Atkinson
- “Back Labor No More” -Janie McKoy King
As a birth worker, I’ve had a jump start on learning about my birth options, so you won’t see many titles here about birth, but I have gobbled up the podcasts & meditation course from @freebirthsociety.
I’d love to hear which books you’ve loved!
Wishing you and your family balance & wellness.
Sparrow & The Sparrow's Nest Team
Available on our site.
We offer discounted massage packages, including Birth Prep and Postpartum packages as well as Gift Certificates.
Get The Sparrow's Nest Guide To Motherhood!
We've curated our top 3 resources to support each phase of your motherhood journey from pre conception to postpartum! Check it out. It's free.
1) Castor Oil Pack Tutorial- to support you while trying to conceive
2) Video Tutorial for Pregnancy: "Get Quality Sleep & Wake-Up Pain-Free"
3) Postpartum Door Sign to Guide your visitors on how to truly support your family
We value your privacy & will never share your information