Pre- and Perinatal Massage Therapy Workshop
Elevate your massage therapy with evidence-based pre- and perinatal skills. Gain expertise, hands-on techniques, and join a prestigious community for holistic, mother-centered care.
Welcome to the renowned 32 hour Continuing Education training created by Carole Osborne, and taught by Sparrow Harrington
Fridays & Saturdays
February 23 & 24, March 1 & 2
Residence Suites by Marriott, Conference Space
27351 San Bernardino Ave, Redlands, CA 92374
*Price increases to $675 on 2/5/24. Limited to 10 students max.*
Register Now for Early Bird Price of $575
Open your heart and embrace the opportunity to support mothers and their babies through your skilled touch in your professional practice. Develop confidence and expertise in pre- and perinatal massage therapy, honing your hands-on skills and expanding your professional knowledge. Set yourself apart as a specialist in pre- and perinatal massage therapy and hands-on care, building a rewarding and profitable clientele for a lifetime.
Professional requirements include licensed/registered massage therapists, and student massage therapists with at least 500 hours of accredited school training.
What You'll Gain:
- Acquire evidence-based skills and knowledge from the third edition of Pre- and Perinatal Massage Therapy A Comprehensive Guide to Prenatal, Labor and Postpartum Practice (2021) to contribute to healthier outcomes for mothers and babies.
- Learn a continuum of hands-on care throughout pregnancy, birth, and postpartum, addressing both physical and emotional needs, with adaptations for special needs clients and those with high-risk conditions.
- Master over 80 specific hands-on pre- and perinatal techniques to alleviate common complaints during prenatal, labor, and postpartum stages. These techniques aim to facilitate relaxation, reduce pain, enhance kinesthetic awareness, prepare for birth, and restore postpartum core integrity, movement, and emotional well-being.
- Gain knowledge of comfortable, safe, evidence-based client positioning options applicable to pregnancy, labor, and postpartum, as well as other client populations.
- Understand relevant pre- and perinatal physiology, anatomy, and functional movement to inform evidence-based precautions in massage therapy.
- Develop professional approaches that prioritize mother-centered care and well-being, incorporating business practices, ethics, and interdisciplinary collaborations in various healthcare and work environments, including private practice, health clinics, spas, and hospitals.
- Receive guidance on career-protective professional body mechanics.
- Join a distinguished community of high-caliber pre- and perinatal professionals by completing the in-person hands-on training, which is often preferred or required by clients, employers, and necessary for pre- and perinatal massage therapy certification.
Price will increase to $675 on February 5th. Limited to 10 students maximum.Register for Early Bird Pricing of $575
About Your Instructor
Sparrow Harrington is an approved and authorized instructor working in collaboration with Carole Osborne/Body Therapy Education. Carole Osborne is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education provider under provider number 034760-00.
Sparrow Harrington is the founder & director of Sparrow's Nest, a busy wellness center dedicated to the needs of new and expecting mothers in Los Angeles, California. She and her team of dedicated therapists provide specialty maternity care from preconception to postpartum and beyond, and have curated bodywork for bereavement support, mother's on bedrest, and C-section scar healing, among others. Sparrow has been a practicing massage therapist since 2007, and has worked specifically with pregnant women since 2011. She is also a birth and full spectrum doula, and prior student of midwifery.
Immerse yourself in an efficient, well-organized workshop offering intensive hands-on experience. Your time and resources are valued in a learner-friendly environment. Led by a dedicated instructor with over a decade of professional experience. Sparrow looks forward to helping your reach your learning goals and embodying these powerful techniques.